Hey there! If you have followed me for a while, you know I love reading. I read a lot in fitness and nutrition, but also personal development, self-improvement, and my guilty pleasure of fantasy novels. Yes, I do read fiction besides fantasy, but it is my favorite.
I want to share more that goes on in my real life and reading is a huge part of that. I am going to use here to track what I have read, am reading, and want to read in 2018. I ‘use’ Goodreads, but fall short on scanning all the books I read and then I can never share the book I want, because I can’t find it. Hence, why this post is around. Maybe I will even write up my reviews of the books here too! 🙂
Each year I set goals and a reading goal is always one of them. For 2018, my goal is to read 15 books PLUS the books I will be reading for my Nutrition Therapy Practitioner certification which is 15 books.
Reads of 2018:
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Usby Daniel H. Pink- This was a great way to kick off reading for the year. It was all about motivation and how past ways of motivation (carrot & the stick) are not effective now. People want to love what they do and be inspired for it! This is a MUST read for any manager or business owner.
- The Urban Monk: Eastern Wisdom and Modern Hacks to Stop Time and Find Success, Happiness, and Peace by Pedram Shojai – This was such an awesome book. I am all about finding more holistic health and slowing down. This book shares mediations and helps you take a look at your life and see where you can improve.
- CURRENTLY READING: Dragonfly in Amber: A Novel (Outlander) by Diana Gabaldon – This is book 2 in The Outlander series, I love it, but I am not flying through it like I did the first one.
- CURRENTLY READING: Personality Plus: How to Understand Others by Understanding Yourself by Florence Littauer
Reading Wish List
- Finish The Outlander series
- A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1), just book 1 let’s not get too crazy
- Finish the books on my book shelf, this is a goal on my 101 list
- Amber Smoke: The Escaped – Book One (The Escaped Series) by Kristin Cast – This is book 1 in The Escaped series and I cannot wait to start! Kristin Cast co-wrote one of my favorite series Marked (House of Night, Book 1), so I’m looking forward to digging into this!
That’s all there is for now, but I will be updating this post as I go!
Leave me a book recommendation! I am always looking for the next book to read!